Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sweet thoughts of children

Last night I was tucking Super Why into bed and we always say our prayers right after. I began praying for one of his friends in his class for her to have a great day today because it was her birthday. He stopped me and tried to argue that it wasn't her birthday. So I assured him it was and then out of nowhere he said, "Let's get her a pink motorcycle!". We never talked about getting her a present and I just thought how sweet his thoughts were for his little friend. I mean she must like motorcycles, right? He does! But not any motorcycle would do. A pink one. Because they sell pink motorcycles at Walmart.

Ok it's 9:00, I can do this. Go to Wally World and find one pink motorcycle. Uh no. So I found a red one. This would be okay, right? I then envision the battle in the morning when he wakes up and sees a red one not a pink one. So quickly I come up with plan B. Paint fixes everything! So off I go, home to paint a motorcycle! I think my name should be Super Mom! He loved it and so did she. Thank goodness!
3 coats of paint! She also received some cool chapstick!
To go along with the sweet thoughts of children...for the past 2 nights in a row my children have made it a point to give each other hugs and kisses before they go to bed (all on their own). Then they say, "Good night Super Why, Good night Polly! I love you!". Too sweet:)
Add caption

Sassy

Goin fishin


No comments:

Post a Comment